The HandSafe™ is a tool used to insert a small amount of pyrotechnic non-lethal chemical agent to an enclosed area diminishing the probability of fire. The HandSafe™ is small enough to be taken into a structure by the entry team for those times that an interior space needs additional agent. A carry pouch is available for entry teams to carry the HandSafe™.
The HandSafe™ is heavy enough at 5 pounds to penetrate some windows for applications from outside a structure. A d-ring attachment is on the base of the HandSafe™ so that if needed 550 cord can be attached for retrieval.
A small “cookie” needs to be placed in the HandSafe™ before deployment. The steel cookie catches heat and flame while allowing the agent to be released. The HandSafe™ will accommodate a pocket tactical grenade or similar type non-lethal chemical agent device. A new cookie should be used each time a pocket tactical grenade is used.
WARNING: Do not use older CTS pocket grenades with a plastic fuse coupler. They will melt and cause you to clean the melted plastic before the HandSafe is reused.
- A 10 year warranty on the body and cap
- Body and cap are made with the same steel as the GasRam.
- Replaceable flame cookies
- D-ring attachment for retrieval
- Small enough to carry in cargo pocket or HandSafe pouch (optional)
- Heavy enough to penetrate single pane windows